- Born in Posadas, Misiones (Argentina) in 1981.
- In 2010 I received my degree in software engineering from UTN-FRC
- In 2019 I obtained my Ph.D. in computer science from FCEIA - UNR working at IATE-OAC-UNC. Currently, I am a research assistant for CONICET
Also, I am a full-stack developer and software engineer with extensive Python, web, and scientific programming experience.
As community organizer: I have been the chair of PyCon Argentina 2012, the Python Argentina flagship conference, and I was one of the original founders of the Scipy LatAm Community and also i was elected chair of SciPy LatAm 2015
Professionally, I have worked in businesses of every size, from multinational corporations to startups, primarily small, focused teams.
Main Research interests
- Machine learning for astrophysics.
- Scientific Software Engeenering.
- Multi-Criteria Decision Making.
- Experimental Economy.
Dr. Juan B. Cabral CIFASIS-CONICET email: jbcabral /at/ unc /dot/ edu /dot/ ar